Just a quick note to remind you that my last cooking class of the year is on Wednesday 30th November. We’ll be cooking turkey, lots of it! I’ll show you how to separate the breast meat from a whole turkey (much cheaper than buying turkey breast by itself) and what to do with the remaining turkey. We’ll prepare the breast in a couple of different ways: by butterflying it and then rolling it with a filling and by poaching it, very slowly in a flavourful stock. We’ll also roast a whole turkey using some techniques that will ensure a succulent bird. Any left over time we’ll spend making stuffings and a few simple accompaniments.
Here’s the menu, as it stands. I might tweak it a bit by the 30th…
Triumphant Turkey School Menu
- Red braised turkey breast with an asian cold slaw (aka Kylie Kwong)
- Turkey breast rolled with prunes, pistachio and pancetta
- Roasted whole turkey, stuffed with freekah and parsley
- Green beans with almonds and grilled nectarines
- Judy Roger’s famous Zuni Café Bread Salad
For more info, have a look here for venue, prices and booking.