The Pleasures of Pressure Cooking, this Saturday

Cooking under pressure has become my latest fixation. I’m in love with my yellow cooker.

the noise of its vent closing down, the silence of perfect pressure, the whoosh as I run cold water over its lid, encouraging release.

I’ve been making risottos from carnaroli rice and whole barley, meat stocks ready in an hour, smoky baked beans with ham hocks, and heavenly braises with shanks and tails.

Come see what this love tastes like on Saturday, or stay tuned here, for many pressure cooker experiments to come. xx

The Pleasures of Pressure Cooking

This class is suitable for meat eaters.
  • When: Saturday 23rd June 2012, noon-2:30pm
  • Where: Taste, 6 James Street, Fortitude Valley, Brisbane
  • Cost: $69
  • Booking: call (07) 3103 7625 or email angela (at) thegoodsoup.com

10 Comments

1. Essie
    Essie
    June 19, 2012 at 4:52 am | | Reply

Ange, pressure cookers are the best! My mother-in-law who is South Indian uses them for all her curries and they make everything so easy! Definitely the way forward. Looking forward to your stories. Wish I could taste, smell and see them in person. Love Essie

2. Audrey
    Audrey
    June 20, 2012 at 7:56 am | | Reply

Wish I could join you. I make marmalade in a pressure cooker with grapefruit skins, having first eaten the grapefruits. I cut up the skins, add a lemon , cover with water, add a large pinch of bicarbonate of soda and cook on high for 10 minutes. Then add the same volume of sugar and cook as usual. Lovely bitter marmalade.

3. Kitchen Belleicious
    June 26, 2012 at 1:39 am | | Reply

love love pressure cooking! so quick and easy and i wish more people knew about it. Great post! even though I know how I would still love to be in that class with you

4. kankana
    June 28, 2012 at 6:37 pm | | Reply

My mom uses pressure cooker every day ..almost everyday. I somehow don’t like using it much because of only one silly reason. I hate to clean it!
    Your yellow pressure cooker looks so pretty :)

5. Mel
    September 10, 2012 at 2:07 am | | Reply

those shanks look amazing!

What do you think? Leave your opinion »