Class Details for The Magic of Vegetable Stocks
- When: To be announced. Please email me if you’d like to be added to a waiting list.Â
- Where: Taste, 6 James Street, Fortitude Valley, Brisbane
- Cost: $79
- Booking: call (07) 3103 7625 or email angela (at) thegoodsoup.com
Making flavourful vegetable stocks requires particular care. You canâ€™t cook them as long as meat stocks because their flavours will tire, so they must find other ways to achieve flavour and depth. In this class weâ€™ll make three vegetable stocks, each using different methods to achieve depth and richness.
The stocks we’ll be making
- dried mushroom stock
- aromatic vegetable stock with asian spices
- rich roasted vegetable stock
- bean stock
Each stock lends itself to particular flavours, so weâ€™ll experiment a bit, with different recipes from divergent cuisines, all known for their magical stock-making skills.
The dishes we’ll be making
- some simple risottos
- some different types of noodle and broth based soups