Class Details for The Magic of Vegetable Stocks
- When: To be announced. Please email me if you’d like to be added to a waiting list.
- Where: Taste, 6 James Street, Fortitude Valley, Brisbane
- Cost: $79
- Booking: call (07) 3103 7625 or email angela (at) thegoodsoup.com
Making flavourful vegetable stocks requires particular care. You can’t cook them as long as meat stocks because their flavours will tire, so they must find other ways to achieve flavour and depth. In this class we’ll make three vegetable stocks, each using different methods to achieve depth and richness.
The stocks we’ll be making
- dried mushroom stock
- aromatic vegetable stock with asian spices
- rich roasted vegetable stock
- bean stock
Each stock lends itself to particular flavours, so we’ll experiment a bit, with different recipes from divergent cuisines, all known for their magical stock-making skills.
The dishes we’ll be making
- some simple risottos
- some different types of noodle and broth based soups